Below are two examples of 4 and 8 acre parcels. Each design addresses the different water input needs, filtration and optimizes available water distribution through automation.
Design for Place
Sketch out design concepts for the new garden area.
Design and give cost estimates for the irrigation system.
Sketch out concepts for the larger landscape.
Address some of the main concerns for water usage and weed control.
Get cost estimates for a greenhouse attached to the south side of the main garage.
The main objective of this project is to think through, design, organize and prioritize the daily operation and future development of a local 7 acre vegetable farm using permaculture design methods.
Main objectives include:
- Create an overall farm plan and map
- Update the vegetable farming methods
- Improve the windbreak / edible hedge
- Chicken zone design and perennials
- Generate income
- Choose and develop plans for perennial crops
- Develop a plan for implementing education on the farm including internships
- Choose and plan the vegetable crops
- Must be ready for spring planting
This recent project was done with the intent of making a very clear final map with exact species selection and placement. The project will be installed in phases as time and energy permits. It includes the design and install of a low pressure gravity fed drip irrigation system.
This suburban garden is 100% custom designed and hand made. For ease of access and maintenance raised garden beds are an excellent choice. These boxes are designed to be ‘double reach’, or one arm’s length reach to the middle of the bed. The pathways have permanent weed barrier underneath the flagstone, which is the the …